Applications for the Winter 2021 Term will be accepted beginning Wednesday, 7 October 2020.
NOTICE: If you have never taken a CPE unit with ICPT or it has been more than three (3) months since your last ICPT CPE unit then you are a New Student and must complete the New Student Application. Do not submit a Returning CPE Student Enrollment as doing so will only delay your process. All currentlly enrolled ICPT CPE students may submit a Returning CPE Student Enrollment. The same applies to SIT Students--If you are a new SIT student please submit a New SIT Student Application. If you are a current CPE student in unit 4 and wish to apply for the SIT program or it has been more than three (3) months since your last ICPT SIT unit then you are a New SIT Student and must complete the New SIT Student Application. If you are a current SIT student you may submit a Returning SIT Student Enrollment. New applicants, please read all the admissions and enrollment requirements below before initiating your application.
To access the ICPT Student Handbook Click HereClick here to see tuition and refund amounts.
Admissions and Enrollment Requirements
- Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree, or greater, from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two (2) years of ministerial experience or applicable professional experience.
- Applicants without a bachelor's degree must have a minimum five (5) years of ministry experience or applicable professional experience.
New Student Application Process-Please follow these instructions completely
- Download this Faith Leader Referral form. Have your faith leader complete it, sign it in ink, and send it back to you as a PDF. You must then upload it as part of the application when prompted. This is a required form and you will not be able to proceed without it.
- Download this Clinical Site Agreement. Have your preceptor at your clinical site complete it, and sign it in ink, and send it back to you as a PDF. You must then upload it to the required area in the application. This is a required form. Your application will not be processed without it.
- Complete the New Student Application form for the CPE or SIT units following the application process below. All sections of the application must be completed, and all required documentation submitted. The required documentation is:
- Provide a reflective autobiography of 3-5 pages giving special attention to pivotal life events and relationships that have shaped you as a person.
- Describe a situation where you helped a person in a difficult situation (applicants with previous CPE experience may should provide a case study).
- Describe your understanding of Clinical Pastoral Education and what you hope to gain in personal and professional development.
- Provide a brief Curriculum Vitae that describes your education, training, and work experience.
- A fully completed and signed (in ink) faith leader referral form
- A fully completed and signed (in ink) clinical site agreement
- The application requires you to pay the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Participate in an admissions interview.
Once your application is approved, you will receive another e-mail containing the link to your enrollment agreement. This document is the final step in the enrollment process and requires payment of your tuition in full. If your employer or other entity is making payment for you, please inform your interviewer.
Begin the Application and Enrollment Process
New Student Enrollment Process
- Following approval of the New Student Application form, applicants must complete the ICPT New Student Enrollment Agreement for the CPE or SIT units. A link will be provided by the Admissions and Enrollment office to complete the Enrollment Agreement. All sections of the form must be completed, and all required documentation submitted.
- Tuition and fees must be paid, in full as part of the enrollment process.
Returning Student Enrollment Process
- Students that return to ICPT within three (3) months following completion of each unit must complete the ICPT Returning Student Enrollment Agreement for the CPE or SIT units. A link will be provided by the Admissions and Enrollment office to complete the Enrollment Agreement. All sections of the form must be completed, and all required documentation submitted:
- Complete a Returning Student Enrollment Agreement for each new unit.
- Tuition and fees must be paid, in full as part of the enrollment process.
- Students that return to ICPT more than three (3) months following completion of each unit will be treated as a “New Student” and must:
- Reapply according to the New Student Application Process.
- Complete a New Student Enrollment Agreement for each new unit.
Customized Corporate Enrollments
Many students are very typically enrolled through our corporate clients whereby the client determines their enrollment needs including the number of units taken and the unit start dates. They also pay for the training. In these instances, the application and enrollment process are adjusted to meet the client’s expectations.
Student Handbook/Clinical Training Guide
ICPT’s current policies and procedures, academic offerings and unit syllabi are detailed in the Student Handbook. Click here to review the current handbook.
The Clinical Training Guide is a supplement to the Student Handbook.
Your privacy is important to us at the Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training (ICPT). To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition must be paid, in full, two weeks prior to the start of the unit unless other arrangements have been made.
- Tuition per unit for Supervisor-in-Training (SIT) Units = $1235.00
- Tuition per unit for CPE Units (non-SIT) = $1235.00
- Application Fee (one-time, non-refundable) $75.00
- Returned Check Fee $50.00
- Certificate of Completion Replacement Fee $50.00
Tuition is paid during the enrollment process by credit/debit card only. Telephone payments will not be accepted.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training (ICPT) has developed this refund policy to clearly identify the refund due if the student cancels, withdraws, or is terminated from the program or if ICPT cancels a unit.
- ICPT cancellation – ICPT cancels a unit prior to the start date.
- Student cancellation – The student cancels and/or no-shows and fails to begin the unit on the scheduled start date.
- Student withdrawal – A student may be administratively withdrawn if the following occurs:
- missing two (2) consecutive video group meetings; and/or
- failure to attend two (2) consecutive supervisory coaching sessions; and/or
- failure to log-in to the ICPT Learning Center (Canvas) for two (2) consecutive weeks; and/or
- failure to attend and post on the discussion board(s) in their cohort within the ICPT Learning Center for two (2) consecutive weeks; and/or
- failure to submit two (2) consecutive required assignments; and/or
- failure to adhere to ICPT’s policies and procedures.
- Last day of Attendance (LDA) – The last date the student submitted a required assignment, participated in a supervisory session, or participated in a discussion forum.
- Date of Determination (DOD) –The date the student gives written or verbal notice to the institution or the date the institution terminates the student by applying the instructions attendance, conduct, or satisfactory academic progress policy.
- Rejection of an applicant – If an applicant is rejected by ICPT following submission of the New Student Application form a full refund of all monies will be paid less the Application Fee of $75.
- Program cancellation – If ICPT cancels a unit subsequent to the student’s enrollment, all monies paid will be refunded.
- Student withdrawal prior to the start of class or no show – If a student, accepted for Enrollment by ICPT withdraws prior to the start of class, they will receive a refund of all monies paid less the $75 Application Fee.
- Withdrawal or Termination after the Start Date of a Unit Refund amounts will be based on the students LDA.
- Refund Amounts
- First week of the unit – The student will be refunded 90% of the tuition paid. ICPT will also retain the Application fee.
- Beginning of the second week of the unit through the end of the sixth week (12th week for part-time units) ICPT will retain the Application fee; plus, a pro rata portion of the tuition for the unit and 10% of the unearned tuition.
- After the sixth week (12th week for part-time units) – There is no refund. The student is responsible for all tuition and fees.
- Refunds will be processed within 45 days from the date of determination via the method of payment utilized by the student (e.g. debit/credit card or check (if applicable). ICPT is not responsible for lost checks.
To access the ICPT Student Handbook Click Here